11:00 AM - 11:45 AM
How to Create a Well-Branded Media Presence & Attract Real Clients
NICOLE HEYMER – FOUNDER OF CURIO ELECTRO
DARLA POWELL – OWNER DARLA POWELL INTERIORS
It’s about strategy. Join Nicole Heymer and Darla Powell as they show you how to brand your business on social media.
• How to get clever with content…and purposely build likeability and trust
• How to craft a social media feed that feels branded (and why it matters)
• How to increase followers…and how to get them to take action
Examples in the presentation will be specific to the IWCE audience of designers, retailers and workrooms.
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM
Introduction to Motorization
O’D MCKEWAN – MASTER & LEADER IN MOTORIZED WINDOW TREATMENTS
In this course, you will learn and understand the correct terminology, the different motor types and control options, and you will be able to identify and suggest the proper power supplies. By the end of the course, you will have a firm grasp on the options available to you and how to relate that to your clients, thus increasing your confidence and your ability to sell motorization.
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
2:00 PM - 2:45 PM
The Art of the Virtual Consult
MADELEINE MACRAE – CREATOR AND CEO OF MM MACRAE COACHING AND CONSULTING
Virtual consultations may have been on your long-term business plan, maybe two or three years in the future, but with social distancing and shelter-in-place mandates, the future is NOW!!! Join sales expert and highly sought-after business coach Madeleine MacRae as she debunks some of the worst myths around virtual consultations and gives you simple, practical steps you can take right now to keep on selling—virtually, of course!
• The do’s and don’ts of picking the right pieces of tech
• The No. 1 mistake to avoid when running virtual consultation
• The single biggest hurdle YOU have to get over to unplug your sales flow
• How to get people to buy even if they haven’t seen a sample in person
This is going to be powerful and inspiring! And, after 30 minutes of actionable content, Madeleine will walk you through the details of her new program designed to help you keep the momentum moving and to continue to master the art of virtual consultations.
3:00 PM - 3:45 PM
Profitability: Monthly Metrics for the Profitable Design Business
MICHELE WILLIAMS – OWNER OF THE SCARLET THREAD CONSULTING
This discussion will center on making your business more profitable. It will detail the advantages of higher gross-profit margins along with cost-cutting ideas that will increase your profits. Attendees will prosper from higher ticket sales and cost-cutting strategies.
4:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Create Informational Lead Magnets to Earn Revenue in Your Sleep
SARA LYNN BRENNAN – CEO AND PRINCIPAL DESIGNER AT SARA LYNN BRENNAN
During this seminar, attendees will be able to explain and identify what a lead magnet is and how it can be used to grow their pipeline. Attendees will also recognize how to use their industry knowledge and experience to create their own lead magnets to effectively generate passive income and grow their email list.
• Identify an example of a lead magnet and explain how it can be used to drive traffic to your website and email list
• Recognize your own industry knowledge and generate some ideas for lead magnets that can be useful to your clients
• Select one or two subjects to create a lead magnet and learn the steps to create your own lead magnet, publish it to your website, and attract ideal clients
5:00 PM - 5:45 PM
Panel: Top Secrets for a Successful Workroom
- SANDRA VANSICKLE – OWNER OF SEW WHAT’S NEW LLC
- ANN K. JOHNSON – OWNER OF SEW EASY WINDOWS LLC
- CATHY TUCKER – OWNER OF TUCKS ’N PLEATS DRAPERIES FOR 21 YEARS WITH 29 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE IN THE INDUSTRY
Join this dynamic trio as they come together to present their top workroom secrets, which include workroom tools and supplies, processes, layout, and storage solutions. With a combined 60-plus proven years of experience, you can expect to gain valuable knowledge that will help you streamline and run a successful workroom business.